We assist business with creating strategies for improvement, aligning all staff to the vision, improving end to end processes and developing sustainable change through evolving a culture of continuous improvement.
Lean is a philosophy of continuous improvement, putting your customer and your people at the heart of what your organisation delivers. A truly lean organisation delivers its products and services to its customers in the most efficient and effective way possible. It does this by engaging all staff in understanding how the business operates, creating teams that work together to develop processes and working practices and by developing a culture of continuous improvement to ensure ownership and buy in.
We work with you and the people in your organisation to determine what needs to be done to ensure that you constantly and consistently deliver your customers’ wants and needs. Through understanding the value the customer is looking for, we work together to determine the best way to deliver it.
We can help by:
- developing strategy – creating a strategic direction for improvement with alignment throughout the organisation
- delivering – lean projects from conception to benefits realisation, working at any scale from specific processes to complete organisational change;
- supporting– provide advice, mentoring and coaching;
- developing capability – deliver bespoke training based on the principles of lean to any level of the organisation;
- sustaining change – provide help, advise and training in creating a culture of continuous improvement.
- We have a very strong working knowledge of lean in a number of different environments, and whilst everything we do is anchored by the lean principles, we have the ability to adapt and shape what is needed to meet your culture, environment and vision.
- Working with aerospace for the process improvement element of a 25% cost reduction (actual savings of £173M in 3 years), and a 30% production increase challenge for Airbus wing parts manufacture. This included layout changes and workplace organisation, end to end process reviews and standard operations, staff development and cultural change.
- Working with insurance to manage the user testing, process and procedure development and staff training for 8 software releases. All releases were completed to schedule with zero disruption to day to day working. All releases were driven by operator and customer requirements and enhanced the effectiveness of both the product and the service.
- Working with higher education to develop a culture of continuous improvement. Core to this was the development of a Lean network with over 150 members who were trained and active in helping their area improve their working processes and practices.
- Seen as one of the leading authorities of lean in higher education completing work for the Association of University Administrators (AUA) and the Leadership Foundation.
- Lean training that is accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management.
When to contact us
We can help if
- you want to make a transformational change in your organisation;
- you know you need to improve your working process and practices but don’t know where to start;
- you want to get your staff bought into improvement and get them to take ownership of the changes;
- you have a process or working practice that is not delivering what the customer needs;
- you want to equip your staff with the capability to improve what they do on a day to day basis;
- you need a neutral person to facilitate change;
- you think we can!